Hi! My name is Jennifer and I’ve been both a school and a public librarian serving children ages 0-18. I love all aspects of library services from helping patrons with research and reference questions, leading story times, conducting book discussions, planning and promoting programs, collaborating with partners and helping people. View my Philosophy of Librarianship. Below is a truncated version of my resume. For more information, please email me using the contact form!
Elementary School Librarian K-3 (Current Position). With a focus on promoting an intrinsic love for reading, I currently serve as a school librarian for a K-3 elementary school empowering students to be avid readers, excellent researchers, and ethical users of information. I manage the library budget and collection development, media support staff and volunteers.
Senior Public Services Librarian (1 Year). With a focus on Youth Services, I planned, implemented, and evaluated youth programming. I developed relationships with schools and community groups. I promoted and presented library programs in branch and on outreach events. Participated in district-wide committees on summer learning and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
Elementary School Librarian PK-5th/Title I (3 Years). While serving as the Media Specialist, I was elected to serve as the Vice President (2016-2017) and the President (2017-2018) of the district’s Media Specialist Association. I also served as the district’s Media Curriculum Developer (2017-2018) in which I planned the professional development for over 40 school librarians. I served on the Sunshine State Young Reader’s Award committee for Florida’s Association of Media in Education (2016 -2019) evaluating over 250 middle grade novels per year and helping to select the 15 that would become the state’s award nominees.
K – 12th Media Aide (1.5 years). Provided services for students and staff in a K-12 research school. Cataloged and processed new materials, created finding aides, conducted research and MLA citation lessons in 5th/6th grades, helped with research and reader’s advisory, conducted book clubs and helped in the makerspace.
- Follett Destiny and SirsiDynix library management system
- Diverse collection development
- Reader’s advisory and reference services
- Youth programming (0-18 years old)
- Supervision of staff and volunteers
- Account/budget management
- Fundraising and community partnerships
- Branding, social media, and promotion of programs
- Microsoft Office software, Adobe CC programs (Photoshop, PremierePro, and InDesign), Mac/Windows platforms, basic website editing using wysiwyg or basic html,
Education, Certifications, Memberships
- Master’s in Library and Information Services
- Google Certified Educator, Level 1 (Valid through 8/2023)
- Certified School Library Media Specialist – 062 (Valid in CT through 4/2028)
- CPR, AED, and Basic First Aid: Adult, Child, and Infant (Valid through 2/2022)
- Member of American Library Association (ALA) and Connecticut Association of School Librarians (CASL)