Hi! My name is Jennifer and I’ve been both a school and a public librarian. I’d love to even try being an academic librarian one day. I love all aspects of library services from helping patrons with research and reference questions, leading story times, conducting book discussions, planning and promoting programs, collaborating with partners and helping people.
Senior Public Services Librarian (1 Year). With a focus on Youth Services, I planned, implemented, and evaluated youth programming. I developed relationships with schools and community groups. I promoted and presented library programs in branch and on outreach events. Participated in district-wide committees on summer learning and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
PK – 5th Elementary School Librarian (3 Years). While serving as the Media Specialist, I was elected to serve as the Vice President (2016-2017) and the President (2017-2018) of the district’s Media Specialist Association. I also served as the district’s Media Curriculum Developer (2017-2018) in which I planned the professional development for over 40 school librarians. I served on the Sunshine State Young Reader’s Award committee for Florida’s Association of Media in Education (2016 -2019) evaluating over 250 middle grade novels per year and helping to select the 15 that would become the state’s award nominees.
K – 12th Media Aide (1.5 years). Provided services for students and staff in a K-12 research school. Cataloged and processed new materials, created finding aides, conducted research and MLA citation lessons in 5th/6th grades, helped with research and reader’s advisory, conducted book clubs and helped in the makerspace.
- Follett Destiny and SirsiDynix library management system
- Diverse collection development
- Reader’s advisory and reference services
- Youth programming (0-18 years old)
- Supervision of staff and volunteers
- Account/budget management
- Fundraising and community partnerships
- Microsoft Office software, Adobe CC programs (Photoshop, PremierePro, and InDesign), Mac/Windows platforms, basic website editing using wysiwyg or basic html,